Part-time Recreation Assistant II (pool)
Job Ref: L726
Rate of Pay: £4.3775-£6.7346 per hour
KA Leisure provides workers with a minimum hourly rate of £7.85 per hour under the Living wage initiative. Terms and conditions apply.)
This vacancy is salaried, paid on the 12th of each month.
Hours: 12.25 hours per week (average)
Location: Vikingar, Largs, KA30 8QL
- Pool supervision
- Cleaning duties
- Observe and promote Health and Safety
- High standard of customer care
- Assist with the day to day running of the facility
You Must Have:
- Current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
Closing Date: Friday 7 August 2015
Relief Sports Coach
Job Ref: L684
Rate of Pay: £8.90 - £10.08 per hour (dependant on qualifications)
Hours: As and when required
Location: Throughout North Ayrshire
- To pro-actively promote and deliver sports coaching programmes across North Ayrshire
- Preparation of Sports Session Plans
- Delivery of sports specific sports coaching sessions
- Maintenance of accurate reporting
- Ensure welfare of all participants
You Must Have:
- Current teaching/coaching certificate as approved by the relevant Governing Body of Sport
- HNC/HND in Sports Coaching
- First Aid Certificate
- Driving licence
Swimming Instructor (Relief)
Job Ref: L653
Rate of Pay: £10.22 per hour – Level 1 Swim Teacher
£13.07 per hour – Level 2 Swim Teacher
(Dependant on qualifications)
Hours: Relief (as and when required)
Location: Various Locations throughout North Ayrshire
- Promotion and delivery of swimming lessons to children and adults as part of the KA Leisure swimming programme.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of swimming lessons.
- Encourage and promote KA Leisure swimming lesson programme.
- Ensure the health and safety of all staff and customers.
You must have:
- Current teaching/coaching certificate as approved by the relevant Governing Body of Sport.
- Availability to work evenings and/or weekends.
Aerobics/Aqua/Dance Instructor (Relief)
Job Ref: L634
Rate of Pay: £17.41/hour
Hours: Relief – as and when required
Location: Various locations throughout North Ayrshire
To deliver fitness classes across KA Leisure and community facilities
- To deliver fitness classes within the KA Studio and community fitness programmes
You Must Have:
- Hold a recognised REPS Level 2 qualification in any of the following disciplines; Exercise to Music; Dance; BTS; Aqua; Pilates; Yoga; PSI; BACPR
- An outgoing personality, positive attitude and excellent communication skills
All posts within K:A Leisure are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 as amended or the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
Regulated Work with Children/Protected Adults:
Where work is considered regulated work with children and/or protected adults, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children and/or protected adults. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by KA Leisure.
Please note: Successful candidates will meet the cost of the relevant PVG check (£59 for scheme membership and £18 for scheme member update); this will be deducted from wages following commencement of employment with the Company.
For further information on the PVG scheme, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
To download an application form in PDF format, please save to computer and and then open file and fill in using Acrobat Reader, (do not fill in using your browser).
KA Leisure Application Form (Right click or control click link and select save or download. Open file and fill in using Acrobat Reader, (do not fill in using your browser).
The downloaded file can be saved to your own PC, edited and emailed back to:
Recruitment Packs are available by telephone: 01294 316475 or 01294 316467 or in writing from Human Resource Department, K:A Leisure, The Magnum Leisure Centre, Harbourside, Irvine KA12 8PP.
Please note, CV’s will not be accepted as supplementary information and will not be supplied to the shortleet panel.
We will be in contact with you no later than 20 working days after the detailed closing date of the post however, if you have not heard from us within that period, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003, as amended, applies to all posts.
Please follow this link if you require to download Acrobat Reader: